Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck drivers at Schneider travel the country and specialize in the safe transfer of bulk liquid chemicals 2/3 of them non-hazardous. OTR Tanker truckers earn up to $0.52 per mile* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile (up to $72000 per year with accessorial pay) and get home six days per month with a flexible time off program.
Never pulled a tanker? No worries! Schneider provides industry-leading paid tanker training and ongoing advancement opportunities. Get started now and advance your career as part of Schneider's elite group of OTR Tanker drivers enjoying a small-company feel with large-company benefits!
Looking to become a truck driver?
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL Holders
Tanker Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $0.52 per mile*
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more paid out weekly
- Up to $72000 per year* with average 15% of pay from accessorials
- $7500 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- $5000 sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers
- Loading and unloading pay
- HazMat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Over-the-Road Tanker Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Opportunity to attend Class A CDL training paid for by Schneider through our tuition reimbursement or up-front payment program.
- Up to $7000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs plus more military benefits
- Many more see full list of benefits
Tanker Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire
- Schneider's self-paced online certification training program will help secure your required HazMat endorsement
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred before hire. Required to start process within 60 days of hire.
More Reasons to Select Schneider Tanker
- Average fleet age 2.5 years over 60% automated transmissions
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support to keep you moving
- Low driver-to-leader ratios individualized to better ensure you're moving and productive
- Mobile communications platform the latest in-truck technology with electronic logging GPS navigation web browsing and more
- Industry-leading personalized tanker training with paid orientation
- Learn more about Schneider's Tanker division
Since 1935 Schneider has had over 5000 drivers who've driven over one million consecutive miles safely. Experienced drivers continue to call Schneider home because they know firsthand that Schneider treats drivers right. Experience it for yourself.
With Schneider I'm family. I wouldn't trade this for anything.
Join one of the top trucking companies. Apply online below for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road Tanker driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify including your rights and responsibilities please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 7500