Local/Regional CDL-A Driver - $1295/Week with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsements - Home Daily!
Location: SE Chicago, IL
Please Call (866) 542-0068 or Apply Below!
Regional/Local Class A CDL Driver with hazmat and tanker endorsements based out of our Southeast Chicago, IL location Home Daily.
Velocity Rail Solutions is an A. Stucki company working with the Railroads for over 108 years. We are an essential business, since we support the Railroads. We were fully operational during the COVID-19 shut down period at over 70 locations throughout the United States. Our drivers hours did not decline, despite some freight volume reductions. Thanks to our high demand services, our drivers were still paid for all "ON-DUTY" hours, 48 to 60 hours a week. We can offer you stability that other companies cannot!
We offer hourly pay with built-in Overtime on weekly basis! Paid training! Plus we offer "Paid Holidays", whether you are scheduled to work or not! Vacation time starts to accrue day one, even while you are in training. You can use it as you accrue it, carry it over, let it build up, or cash it out! No need to wait 1 year for vacation time to be available! We also have a full benefits package available after 60 days of employment. Other drivers find out our premiums, low deductibles, benefit offerings, and they can't believe how low the premiums are. Our benefit offerings show how much we care about drivers and their families!
We have an immediate opening for a Regional/Local Class A CDL Driver with hazmat and tanker endorsements based out of our Southeast Chicago, IL location. Home time will include working open shifts or covering vacations at our Southeast Chicago or Bedford Park/Clearing Midway locations. Travel and overnight stays outside of Chicago will be required when shifts are not available locally. Regional locations include those in Ohio, Michigan, or Indiana. Must be available to work a variety of shifts.
Pay is $1295/week ($67.3k Annually). Annual and weekly pay posted is based on a 60 hour work week and does not reflect per diem and travel pay for traveling outside of the Chicago area. Hotel and rental car are provided by the company when traveling to other states.
Must be able to drive manual or automatic tractors.
- First and foremost, work safely at all times without incident. You are empowered to STOP work at any time due to unsafe conditions.
- Follow step by step procedures when fueling and servicing locomotives.
- Fully loaded and readily available, while on duty, to answer customer dispatches and respond in a timely manner.
- Provides complete and accurate fuel accounting paperwork in the prescribed manner within established timelines.
- Wears all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Conducts pre and post shift vehicle and equipment inspections.
- Use worker protection when required and follows all customer safety rules and regulations.
- Controls, contains and reports any spill or incident (operational and/or safety related) immediately to management.
- Assists with light maintenance and upkeep of the vehicles and equipment.
- Assists with cleanliness and organization of company provided office space, storage, etc.
- Ensure all training is current and kept up to date.
- Is a reliable, safe, and positive team member that demonstrates their commitment with proper attendance, verbal or written communication, and conduct.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Manager or Operations Manager.
- Must have a Class A CDL with hazardous materials and tanker endorsements.
- 1yr of Manual 10-speed experience required.
- Must meet all refinery carding requirements and maintain current refinery certifications at all times
- Must be able to clear all background checks required by the company, customer and government.
- Individuals are responsible for maintaining all required licenses and certifications at all times.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must know when to ask for help.
- Moderate computer skills are required.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Should be willing to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. Shifts may rotate.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Able to consistently bend, stoop, kneel and climb on and off elevated surfaces
- May have to walk long distances on paved or unmaintained or uneven surfaces
- Able to climb in and out of a truck cab multiple times per shift, and climb a ladder or steps 10 or more times per day
- Able to drive and work outside in adverse weather conditions
- Willing to work with liquid non-hazardous & dry bulk materials
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs frequently
Velocity Rail Solutions drivers are paid to be fully loaded with red dye diesel and to fuel trains on an "On-Call" basis by the Railroad. On the Job training will be provided for qualified individuals. The Railroad pays to have dedicated trucks and drivers on duty 24/7/365 days a year. This includes Nights, Weekends, and Holidays, so you can receive consistent pay checks. You are paid for a full 12 hours to include breaks, lunches, and wait-time for dispatches. That's right, you are paid for all On-Duty" hours, regardless of what you are dispatched for!
Please Call (866) 542-0068 or Apply Below!