Title: Driver (Kent, WA)
Kent, WA, US, 98032
Company: Univar Solutions USA
Requisition ID: 19373
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources - inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Summary of duties:
This role operates company owned/leased bulk or packaged trucks. Performs transportation task safely and in a manner consistent with Univar Solutions procedures. Communicates information effectively to internal Univar Solutions' team members and external customers in a professional manner which contributes to servicing the customer and collaboration.
- Operate company owned and leased trucks over 20 tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations of bulk or packaged goods.
- Perform required pre-trip, during and post-trip vehicle inspections and provide required reports. Monitor hours of service accurately.
- Provide outstanding customer service during the delivery and pick up operations. Assist customers with questions or problems attend to customer needs. Ensure delivered goods correspond to products identified on the bill of lading.
- During loading and unloading of truck process: check weights of shipment and monitor distribution weight to legal road limits, check material for damage and quantity discrepancies, and engage appropriate Univar Solutions team member if any discrepancies exist.
- Pick up empty or partially empty drums, totes and review paperwork to ensure transport of material is authorized and in compliance.
- Bulk off load material from either bulk tank trucks or rail cars using a fork lift or a pallet jack or by moving and connecting 50 lb. hoses between the storage vehicle and piping system in load rack as needed.
- Filling drums or totes on a roller line to meet Nexeo Solutions and customer specifications as needed. Ensure proper labeling of material as needed.
- May perform quality control functions (lab testing) as needed.
- High School diploma/ GED preferred
- A minimum of 2 years driving experience in the last 3 years
- Experience loading and unloading shipments for delivery
- Experience with delivery to Well Sites a strong plus
- Maintain a valid commercial driver's license (Class A) with Hazardous Material Endorsement
- Maintain all required certifications required by the D.O.T, OSHA and company safety programs
- Maintain eligibility to hold hazardous materials endorsements (no disqualifying offenses per the TSA).
- Clean driving record
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with clients in a professional manner
- May be required to work in restricted spaces and/or under difficult lighting and access conditions.
- Noise level may be high when operating power equipment.
- Employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions when transporting materials.
- Ability to lift, carry, and put away parcels weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk, as constantly throughout the day.
- Work requires exerting force frequently, and/or up to 50 pounds to constantly move objects.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
Send questions/ resumes to: [email protected]