Where: 30311 Emerald Valley Parkway, Solon, OH 44139
Type: Full Time Non-Exempt
Wage: $17.50/hr and up, based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid-Time Off, Sick Time, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
Work Schedule: 6:30am-3:00pm with overtime subject to business needs.
Our mission is to build our cities and keep them running. Our Local Delivery Drivers get the goods our customers need in order to make this happen.
HD Supply is an Essential Business Service:
As an "essential business service" HD Supply remains operational in all locations. We are adhering to all social distancing guidance to the maximum extent possible in all areas, including deliveries. To learn more about what COVID-19 safety precautions are being taken by HD Supply to protect associates, visit our FAQ page here:https://hdsupply.jobs/faqs
In this job, you'll do things like:
- Provide exceptional customer service as you safely drive, move and offload merchandise from box trucks of up to 26 feet
- Perform deliveries in the local Cleveland market
- Interact with customers and job site supervisors in a friendly and professional way
- Perform truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- Maintain accurate electronic logs of deliveries and pickups
- Follow all safety rules and guidelines at all times
- Work independently, take initiative and solve problems
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- Able to operate a box truck for a full work day, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials
- At least 6 months of experience operating a 16ft - 26ft Box Truck
- Able, with or without accommodations, to do things like lift (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally), walk, move, pack and unpack goods throughout the day with equipment provided
- Able to safely climb in and out of the cab/box of the truck
- Able to pass drug test, driving record check, and Dept of Transportation (DOT) physical exam
- Able to speak fluent English due to safety and customer service purposes
- Valid driver's license
- 21+ years of age due to insurance requirements
- Exceptional customer service skills - we emphasize quality of service over speed of deliveries
What will give you an edge:
- Warehouse experience
- Forklift experience or certification
- Experience operating hand trucks, pallet trucks or similar equipment
- Experience with inventory-related handheld computer devices
Some perks of this job include:
- No weekend or overnight work: Monday - Friday schedules
- Standard Start Times: You'll be able to plan your life around your work
- Competitive pay: base hourly wage (not by load or stop) plus the potential for overtime and bonuses
- Our trucks are equipped with lift gates: we help you stay accident-free
- Physically active work: no gym membership needed
- Enjoy generous benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k savings plan with company match and sick leave
- Up to 15 days paid time off annually in addition to 7 paid holidays
- Bi-weekly pay with direct deposit or pay card
- Great career and personal growth opportunities within our $6 billion (and growing) company
Click "apply now" for current or future consideration!
Learn more about HD Supply and what our associates say about what it's like to work here:
Job Description & Qualifications
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customers and contacts customers if they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered and unloads merchandise for customers.
- Pulls orders to match manifests.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
Job Locations US-OH-Cleveland
Posted Date 4 days ago (1/11/2021 4:51 PM)
Job ID 2020-40744
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 44101
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.