Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers . For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/ .
Responsible for safely driving a tractor trailer combination vehicle in and around the city, state, job sites and company property; and for the safe and efficient loading and unloading of product.
- Safely drive truck to and from destination applying knowledge of DOT driving regulations and area roads
- Check loads to ensure product is being hauled in an appropriate and safe manner
- Verify directions with plant personnel before leaving the plant to ensure delivery to the correct customer and job site
- Strive to meet customer expectations without exception and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction survey results consistent with strategic objectives
- Develop extensive working relationships with customers, both external and internal, in order to maximize opportunities for CEMEX and to ensure customer needs are addressed
- Keep equipment in acceptable condition of cleanliness using approved cleaning materials and supplies
- Maintain personal appearance in neat and clean manner, including shirts tucked in at all times
- Maintain contact with supervisor/dispatch to receive and transmit delivery instructions
- Assist other company employees as needed
- Complete pre and post-trip inspections on truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water
- 15 minute Start-Up
- 25 minutes Shut-Down
- May perform roadside repairs, such as installing light bulbs, etc.
- Maintain good working knowledge of the traffic routes of the city
- Must be able to take orders, instructions, and guidance from supervisors and management
- Cooperate and promote a team concept between himself and all other company employees, as well as all CEMEX's customers
- Adhere to all CEMEX, DOT, FMCSA, OSHA and MSHA rules and regulations at all times
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license (CDL Class A)
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience as a CDL Driver
- MVR - No DUI's or DWI's in the last 5 years
- Acceptable CSA score - no more than 3 moving violations in the previous 7 years
- Be able to read, write, and speak English
- High school preferred
- Bilingual a plus
- Add and subtract two digit numbers
- Perform the four basic arithmetic operations
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
- Must pass DOT physical to include hearing test and drug/alcohol screen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona's Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.