In this new long haul configuration Schneider Over-the-Road truck drivers stay in the eastern 37 states earning up to $0.47 per mile* starting pay and averaging 2000-2500 miles per week. Haul 95% no-touch freight and choose from different home time options. If you're looking to hit the open road rack up big miles and explore the country there's no better way than jumping behind the wheel as an OTR trucker for Schneider. Start your Over-the-Road truck driving career with Schneider's Van Truckload division today!
Looking to become a truck driver?
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $71000 per year*
- $5000 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more paid out weekly
- $0.01 per mile automatic annual pay increase
- Potential accessorial pay for detention layover hand load/unload
- Higher pay: Inexperienced OTR mileage rates for example have increased 17% in the last two years
- *Based on CDL driver experience performance and location
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs plus more military benefits
- Many more see full list of benefits
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed
- HazMat endorsement preferred
- Passport FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
More Reasons to Choose Over-the-Road Driving at Schneider
- Average fleet age less than 3 years over 2/3 automated transmissions
- Industry-leading year-round nationwide freight base
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support
- Mobile apps to increase driver productivity locate equipment expedite access and more
- No employment contract we don't lock you in but you'll want to stay
- Learn more about Over-the-Road driving
It's all here. With so many benefits and a set of core values we actually live by safety integrity respect and excellence Schneider is the destination for truck drivers and has been since 1935. Take your career to the next level today.
"It's never an issue to get home when I need to and the freight is always available when I want it."
Join one of the top trucking companies. Apply online below for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify including your rights and responsibilities please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 5000