Class A CDL Driver
Class A CDL Driver
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. US Bakery requests priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and all other externally posted company employment opportunities.
Franz Bakery is a privately owned, independent wholesale bakery operating in the Pacific Northwest consisting of a group of family bakeries, all of which were started in the 1900's. Franz produces a variety of different bakery products including breads, rolls, bagels, donuts, cookies and pastries that are marketed under a wide range of premium labels. Our products, we consider, which are made with quality ingredients and superior baking processes, are the best in the marketplace.
We are currently seeking a Class A CDL Driver to join our hardworking and dedicated team.
Franz recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide excellent pay, benefits and a dynamic, safety-oriented culture.
For these reasons, you will be rewarded with:
- A sign-on / retention bonus of $3,500 (details to be provided)
- An excellent hourly wage, currently at $27.78
- A superior company-paid benefits package that includes: medical, prescription drug, dental and vision premiums coverage for you and your eligible dependents.
- Time off pay: vacation, floating holidays and sick time
- A union pension plan
- Generous discounts on Franz products
- We are paid weekly!
Transport Drivers will operate tractors pulling double trailers and follows all DOT and company requirements to transport bakery products safely and efficiently to the required destination in a timely manner. Drivers will load and unload trucks at each destination.
Hours and Shift(s)
New employees are assigned to any workday: Monday through Sunday, and any shift: Day, Swing and/or Graveyard based upon production needs. A set schedule of days and shifts are based solely upon the union bid process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates single, double or triple-tractor trailers on a combination of city and interstate routes and other distance destinations outside of the main Portland bakery plant.
- Distribute bakery products to depot center.
- Reload trailers with empty transport racks to be returned to the main bakery plant.
- Inter-city destinations constitute short driving distances in contrast to longer destinations to depot center in outlying cities requiring 3 to 4 hour driving times.
- Related duties and projects as assigned.
- Adherence to the Company's Core Values
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Must have current CDL A license with acceptable, verifiable driving record.
- Previous experience in driving doubles with; triples driving preferred.
- Must be able to work any day, including holidays, or any shift.
- Must have reliable attendance to meet employer's attendance standards for 24/7 production facility.
- Must join union within 30 days of hire.
- Adherence to company core values.