Delivery Driver – Company CDL B Home Daily
Hub Construction Specialties, a White Cap/CSG company, has been in the business of supplying construction materials and equipment for more than 60 years. We stock all types of contractor tools, products, supplies and materials. We have more than 20,000 items, including more than 100 private label products you can only get here at Hub. We also operate a rebar fabrication facility and can provide drawings for the tilt-up and forming equipment we provide. We have 15 branches throughout California and Western Arizona to serve you, our valued customer. Our service is second to none. And its hasn't gone unnoticed as Hub has been named the American Subcontractor Assn (LA, OC, IE Chapter) Outstanding Material Supplier of the Year for 5 years in a row (2013-2017).
This position is responsible for the safe, timely and accurate delivery of product to our customers and is accountable to branch leadership. Starting at $15/hr and up
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate small to medium size trucks/vehicles in the delivery of products to designated customer locations and job sites in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Responsible to assemble and secure product to avoid possible damage due to weather or road conditions.
- This includes but not limited to: forklift operations, loading/unloading potentially heavy products and strapping down material with ratchet strap system.
- Ensure and document that materials on the invoice have been loaded and are complete (two-person check is required.)
- Unload product in a safe and efficient manner. Responsible for care of materials, safety of self and others.
- Responsible to fill out the log book and process paperwork as per procedures.
- Responsible to project good impression on customers and handle customer complaints in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Responsible for performing general preventative maintenance activities on delivery vehicles, including washing, fluid checks, tire inspections, etc. Complete daily inspection checklist and notify delivery manager of issues.
- Purchase truck fuel ensuring accurate mileage is noted at pump.
- Know product location in warehouse and yard to assist in load pulling and/or will calls.
- Attend monthly driver meetings and participate.
- Responsible for assigned safety equipment such as hard hats, gloves, back belt, safety glasses, etc.
- Coach and help train non-CDL drivers to advance their skills.
- Assist delivery manager in dispatching and/or assignment of loads.
- Responsible to communicate and solicit feedback from outside sales and inside sales.
- Make recommendations to delivery manager on improved processes or procedures solicited from the drivers.
- 1 to 2 years CDL driving experience (Class A)
- Applicable state licensing requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Clean driving record
- Good communication skills.
- Maintain your CDL
- Preference to candidates who have worked with more than just Automatic transmissions if possible.
- Physical activity loading and unloading trucks, some heavy lifting
- Minimum 50 pounds
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V