Local CDL A Truck Drivers
Truck Driver is responsible for the operation of commercial vehicles in excess of 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight, to deliver floor and roof trusses to customers and operations, and to pick up material from vendors and other operations.
- Safely drives on the road delivering products in various weather conditions
- Completes pre-trip and post-trip inspection sheets
- Inspects equipment to ensure safe operating conditions – checks oil and fuel prior to leaving the yard
- Secures load and/or inspects load to ensure is been properly secured.
- Performs duties consistent with all applicable safety, DOT and Company rules.
- Conducts preventive maintenance to truck and ensures is clean
- Maintains appropriate driving records, logs, and shipping documents as required
- Maintains radio/telephone and EOB (Electronic On-Board System) contact with base or supervisor to receive instructions or to be dispatched to new locations
- Verifies shipping documents for accuracy, and obtains customer's signature on paperwork upon delivery.
- Completes paperwork are required.
- May operate a forklift to load/unload trailers as required.
- Follows forklift rules and policies as described by Company policy.
- Completes training as required by management.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Minimum 12th grade basic education completed.
- Minimum 1 year of experience driving a commercial vehicle in excess of 26,000 lbs. Preferable 3 to 5 years of experience driving a commercial vehicle.
- Working knowledge of vehicle parts and how to handle minor repairs to ensure equipment is in proper operating conditions.
- Required to have a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License
- Successfully completion of forklift driver licensing process.
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Life & Disability
- 401 K
- Paid Vacation/Holiday
- Referral Bonus
- Profit Sharing