Truck Driver - CDL Class A - Earn up to $80K Annually - Home Daily - Penske Logistics Tully, New York WALK-IN INTERVIEWS THROUGHOUT MAY AVAILABLE DAILY Monday - Friday, 7am-5pm Black Horse Carriers Terminal 300 State Route 281 Tully, NY 13159
We are seeking safe, professional, and experienced drivers who are looking for a company to call home. Penske Logistics recently acquired Black Horse Carriers and together, we bring the best the transportation industry has to offer. As a driver for an industry leader, you'll enjoy exceptional equipment, technology, safety practices, over-the-road support, and service.
• Route/activity: Truck drivers are responsible for delivering product to customers. 6 to 8 stops per day. Light touch, dock to dock, no lift gates or ramps home daily.
• Shift: Tues - Sat AM shift (start time between 9 pm to midnight)
Fri - Mon AM shift (start time between 7 pm to 9 pm)
Sun - Thu AM shift (start time between 9 pm to midnight
Fri - Mon PM shift (start time between 7 pm to 9 pm)
• Equipment: 53' Refrigerated Van Trailers. 2018 and 2019 Freightliner's and 24/7 roadside support. Pallet jacks, no light gates.
• Compensation: Earn up to $80,000 a year annually.
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic violations, and damage before and after route
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer
• Loading and unloading, or assisting with loading and unloading your vehicle.
• CDL Class A required
• Currently hold, or ability to obtain, a non-excepted interstate DOT medical card required
• 1 year of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 3 years required, or 2 years of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or accidents
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.