Local/Regional CDL-A Driver with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsements - Home Daily!
Location: SE Chicago, IL
Please Call (877) 419-2857 or Apply Below!
Velocity Rail Solutions is an A.Stucki company working with the Railroads for over 108 years. We are fully operational at over 70 locations throughout the United States. Thanks to our high demand services, we can offer you stability that other companies cannot!
- Extremely Competitive pay!
We offer hourly pay with built in Overtime on a weekly basis! Paid training! Plus we offer "Paid Holidays", whether you are scheduled to work or not! Vacation time starts to accrue day one, even while you are in training. You can use it as you accrue it, carry it over, let it build up, or cash it out! No need to wait 1 year for vacation time to be available! We also have a full benefits package available after 60 days of employment. Drivers find out our benefit offerings, low deductibles, premiums, our 5% match on our 401K with immediate vesting and they know how much we care about drivers and their families!
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
Velocity Rail Solutions drivers are paid to be fully loaded with Red dye diesel, water, sand and lube Oil to fuel and service trains on an "On-Call" basis by the Railroad. On the Job training will be provided for qualified individuals. The Railroad pays to have dedicated trucks and drivers on duty 24/7/365 days a year. This includes Nights, Weekends, and Holidays, so you can receive consistent paychecks. You are paid for a full 12 hours to include breaks, lunches, and wait-time for dispatches. That's right, you are paid for all On-Duty" hours, regardless of what you are dispatched for!
Regional Floaters will cover vacations and open positions in the South-Central Region. South Central Region includes locations in Mississippi, Georgia, and Alabama, Overnight travel required.
- Must have a Class A CDL with hazardous materials and tanker endorsements. TWIC card required.
- Must be able to clear all background checks required by the company, customer and government.
- Individuals are responsible for maintaining all required licenses and certifications at all times.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must know when to ask for help.
- Moderate computer skills are required.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Should be willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends and holidays. Shifts may rotate.
- Able to consistently bend, stoop, kneel and climb on and off elevated surfaces
- May have to walk long distances on paved or unmaintained or uneven surfaces
- Able to climb in and out of a truck cab multiple times per shift, and climb a ladder or steps 10 or more times per day
- Able to drive and work outside in adverse weather conditions
- Willing to work with liquid non-hazardous & dry bulk materials
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs frequently