– Earn $20/hour, Home Every Night –
11:00a.m. to 8:30p.m.
The Company Driver is responsible for ensuring proper, safe and timely handling of a tractor trailer between terminals locally, both loaded and unloaded. This can include both city and highway driving.
With a focus on quality customer service that extends to our valued employees, Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada's Best Managed Companies since 2005. We offer our full-time employees a generous Benefits package and a company matched Pension plan.
- Pre-trip inspection of tractor trailer prior to all trips.
- Accurate and timely maintenance of e-log
- Move trailers to and from the dock doors.
- Conduct a yard check which includes recording trailer numbers, refer settings, fuel level, trailer contents and seal numbers.
- Conduct reefer check including unit number, reefer settings and fuel level.
- Seal trailers and verify as required.
- Report any incidents of safety violation or security breaches.
- May be required to move freight from the back to the front of the trailer using a manual pallet jack.
- Maintain tractor in a respectable and clean condition.
- Other related duties as may be required.
- Minimum of 12 months verified safe Tractor Trailer driving experience
- Possess heavy vehicle driver license (Class 1 license)
- One season winter driving experience
- Excellent driving skills with a focus on attentive and defensive driving
- Able to communicate in English – written and verbal
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Satisfactory drivers abstract (no older than 30 days)
- Satisfactory criminal record check (no older than three (3) months)
- Successful completion of a DOT drug test
- Road test by Day & Ross approved third party driving school
The working environment includes driving on a daily basis; may have a regular route or may be required to drive to a variety of locations. Also, rigid deadlines, adverse weather conditions and physical labour.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
As a federally regulated employer, Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
It takes just 15 Seconds to Pre-Qualify.