26 ft Box Truck Driver (non CDL)
26 ft Box Truck Driver (non CDL)
Delivery Driver - Non-CDL needed, $19.00 and up.
Company truck will be provided! No CDL needed and No work on weekends. Start time 6:30am. Bonus is paid after successful 3 months of work.
It is time to put your career in DRIVE. Do you enjoy the freedom of the open road? Having weekends to yourself?
If you enjoy navigating and driving around Metro Boston area, we have the job for you!
If you are ready for the next step in your career path, then come grown with us.
The Norfolk Companies is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, motivated, hardworking and team player as a Delivery Driver to join our team. Qualified candidates will drive a 20, 24, 26ft truck for daily delivery routes as part of a fun and exciting team. You will have access to a free gym on site on your first day.
As a Delivery Driver, you will work in an exciting and fast-paced environment to deliver kitchen cabinets and countertops to customers' homes and sometimes to commercial job sites. Norfolk places a high priority on a positive customer experience, and you will be key to providing excellent customer service with each delivery.
Each driver is assigned a driver's assist and together you will work to ensure deliveries are done on-time, safely and complete. Cabinets range on average between 45-60 lbs. Working with the customer for any special instructions on placement of materials, etc.
Norfolk uses mobile delivery technology, so driver candidates will need to be tech savvy and able to use mobile devices for confirmations, GPS, and communication. Being organized is key to successful delivery as well as completing each order's electronic paperwork.
Delivery Driver Candidate must
- Have 3+ years of home delivery driving experience preferably within the Eastern MA/Metro Boston area.
- Must have at least 3 years driving 26'' ft truck.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record. No accidents within the last 5 years.
- Be physically fit to perform daily deliveries and regularly lift 45-60 lbs. Up to 100 lbs. with a 2-person lift
- Be able to maintain a valid DOT medical card.
- Be able to demonstrate safe driving habits and pass a road test.
- Have good communication and customer service skills.
- Have knowledge of state laws and federal DOT regulations.
- Be able to read and comprehend English.
- Be able to use handheld devices for delivery record keeping as well as check texts and emails as needed.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. without assistance and 100 lbs. with 2 person lift.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and night vision (based on job tasks).
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy.
- Almost always exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Frequently required to walk distances over 200 yards both flat surface and construction sites.
- Frequently required to lift and securely carry fragile items of 80+ pounds for a moderate distance.
- Frequently required to climb stairs to deliver products.
- Frequently exposed to heavy equipment such as delivery vehicles or fork trucks.
- Employee will regularly be exposed to construction materials and visit construction sites.
- Able to wear work boots, hard hat, safety glasses, safety vests as required by delivery location
The Norfolk Companies provide competitive benefits including medical & dental insurance, 401k with a generous company match, Paid Time Off, uniforms, free company fitness center (at our Braintree location) and voluntary vision, life & short-term disability insurance.