Yard Driver CDL A - 2nd shift
We (Kenco, a 3PL) are adding a Class A Yard Driver to the site in Logan Township, NJ to service our dedicated customer.
Why should you join Kenco?
Kenco is the largest woman-owned 3PL in the U.S. Kenco partners with customers nationwide to meet their needs within the Logistics and Supply Chain realm. Through the partnerships with our customers, we continue to grow by offering continuous improvement and by providing a high-level of intelligence in information technology.
We are people-driven and pride ourselves on our Guiding Principles- Be Honest, Serve, Get Better.
Shift: 2nd 2pm-10pm
The Yard Driver is responsible for safe and efficient movement of trailers in the yard. May also be required to operate a forklift to move products or shipments.
- Safely backs various size trailers into assigned dock/yard spaces, engages dock locks, and/or chocks, and deploys trailer stands for all trailers spotted to the dock.
- Parks and organizes trailers within the warehouse yard.
- Mounting and dismounting yard tractor frequently. Sliding trailer tandems alone.
- Performing daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on yard tractor; filling out DVIR.
- Utilizing YMS or applicable tools to make inbound and outbound trailer movements.
- Operates forklift to move shipments between trailer movements.
- Coordinates with office clerk on trailer movements and prioritizes to ensure no down time for warehouse associates.
- Travels on public highway to obtain fuel or to take to maintenance facility
- May need to haul to trailer, drop yard, or overflow warehouse
- Completes all documents required by management.
- Reports any unsafe conditions, injury, or damage to management.
- Miscellaneous tasks assigned by management.
- $21.50 per hour
- Paid every week via direct deposit.
- Day 1: Medical, Dental, and Vision (If selected, Dental and Vision will retro back to day 1 of hire)
- 8-10 Company Paid Holidays (amount of days depends on customer)
- Accrued Paid Time Off!
- 401K match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are looking for a driver who wants a career, stability, and wants to retire from Kenco!!
Call (877) 840-1197 for more information!
- Must have CDL-A.
- Must have 2 years of tractor trailer driving experience.
- Good driving record.
- Must be able to pass background check, DOT drug screen, and DOT physical.
- Must be registered in the National Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse with a clear record.
- Stable employment history.
- Employment verifications will be completed to verify driver has adequate experience and to verify driving history with former employers.
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather, if necessary.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Distribution/warehouse experience preferred.