Local Class A CDL Driver
Local Class A CDL Driver
Kid Glove Service is an established Warehouse/Transportation company with flexibility and a great working environment. We have exciting new job opportunities for drivers and are looking for energetic individuals with team spirit who can grow with us. We need friendly faces who want to convey a caring and helpful image! We offer steady work, competitive pay, and benefits.
Qualified drivers will earn a $500 sign on bonus after 90 days of employment!
We also offer A $500 bonus for qualified referrals!
Qualified drivers must have a Class A CDL with 2 years of recent driving experience. Candidates should also be at least 21 years old and meet all DOT, insurance, and criminal background requirements. Hazmat endorsement is a definite plus but not required. Job Duties include:
- Responsible for transporting goods and hazardous materials while operating a class A tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Responsible for adhering to applicable traffic laws, FMCSA regulations, and state regulations.
- Responsible for the application of appropriate incident procedures as necessary.
Safety and Equipment
- Responsible for safely and effectively operating equipment including commercial vehicle 18-wheel truck and trailer, emergency equipment, dolly, hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, and ramp.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all vehicles and equipment in use.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Responsible for following company policies and procedures, applicable safety procedures, and instruction from the Director of Safety and other supervisory and executive staff.
- Responsible for tracking fuel and mileage amounts according to company procedures.
- Responsible for pre-trip vehicle and load inspections prior to each departure and after-trip inspections at the end of each trip; responsible for corresponding documentation.
- Responsible for checking cargo and other inspections during each trip; maintains awareness of potential vehicle maintenance issues while driving; checks gauges regularly.
Customer Services and Professionalism
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of deliveries and pick-ups to meet appointment deadlines and other client needs as assigned.
- Responsible for communication with supervisors, co-workers, employees, clients and other persons as necessary to enhance the overall efficiency of daily operations.
- Maintains courtesy and professionalism during all interactions with the organization's personnel, clients and other contacts.
- Maintains confidentiality of the organization, its clients and employees.
Reporting and Recording
- Responsible for reporting to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road, safety and other concerns, issues with equipment.
- Responsible for recording safety inspections, deliveries, mileage and fuel amounts, and other information according to company policy.
- Responsible for reporting and recording other information as necessary.
DON'T MISS OUT ON:
- Local Runs
- Home every night
- Weekends Off
- Family Time