Ontario to U.S. Seaboard to Maritimes
Give Us a Call to Learn More (855) 427-3058
Home weekly (7-10 days out)
$2,500 Sign on Bonus
Drive forward with us behind you.
From a single truckload of potatoes in the 1950s to a fleet of thousands, Day & Ross has become one of the largest transportation companies in Canada. With more than 8,000 employees, drivers, and owner operators, we're a major player in cross-border and LTL/TL transportation, offering a diverse portfolio of transport and logistics solutions across North America.
For over a decade, we've been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2018 and 2019. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
We offer consistent miles, low cost of insurance and a driver-friendly environment. While you're on the road, you're supported by a team of staff who have your back, from dispatch to maintenance.
About the Role
Canada/US Single Owner OperatorFull-timeBrampton, ON
• Accurate and timely maintenance of e-log
• Pre-trip inspection of tractor trailer prior to all trips
• Report any incidents of safety violation or security breaches
• Conduct a yard check which includes recording trailer numbers, trailer contents and seal numbers
• Conduct reefer check including unit number, reefer settings and fuel level
• Move trailers to and from the dock doors
• Seal trailers and verify as required
• Maintain tractor in a respectable and clean condition
• May be required to move freight from the back to the front of the trailer using a manual pallet jack
Skills & Requirements
• Customer service focused
• Excellent driving skills with a focus on attentive and defensive driving
• Must have a safety-first mindset and be self-motivated
• Must have 12 months verifiable experience
• Possess heavy vehicle driver license (Class 1 license)
• Truck no older than 7 years old, max weight full of fuel 19,500lbs
• Must be able to communication in English - written and verbal
• Legally authorized to work in Canada
• Satisfactory criminal record check (no older than three (3) months)
• One season winter driving experience
• Successful completion of a DOT drug test
• Road test by Day & Ross approved third party driving school
• Satisfactory drivers abstract (no older than 30 days), including no DUI violations in past five (5) years; no over the road preventable accidents (yard accidents will be reviewed); no more than two (2) moving violations in past two (2) years; no defensive driving infractions as outlined in onboarding document
• Spousal and dependent healthcare
• $500 Driver Referral Program
• Consistent miles
• Low insurance cost
• Moose bumper purchase program
• Dedicated Broker Service or Broker Health Representative
• Pet policy
• Downtime Insurance Program
• Paid tolls
• Motor Vehicle Inspection (MVI) reimbursement
• Passenger policy
• Advantage 1 - special pricing for parts and maintenance
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to provide reference and criminal background checks prior to employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Drivers, please click APPLY BELOW and complete the steps that follow. If you have questions, you are still welcome to give us a call at (855) 427-3058.