The Medical Waste Route Driver is responsible for servicing assigned accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers' needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery. This role will always provide the highest level of customer service possible. They may also transport waste from either a Stericycle location or customer location, to a transfer location or processing location.
All Company assigned vehicles are equipped with camera telematics which include inside and outside cameras. In addition, all vehicles are equipped with ELD (electronic logging device) and GPS (global positioning system).
Key Job Activities:
Manages assigned routes ensuring customers' waste is picked up in a safe, timely and accurate manner.
• Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
• Plans daily schedule based on customers' needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
• Follows routing software route schedule
• May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added. Required to unload trucks at various Stericycle and customer sites; including ensure securing of waste.
• Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts daily, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway. 70%
Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable 10%
Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc. Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day. 10%
Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up. Use of ELD (electronic logging device) and Geotab to log hours in accordance with DOT guidelines, if applicable. 5%
Performs other duties and responsibilities, as needed. 5%
Preferred Education: in High School or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 6+ months of experience, preferably in driving shred/box trucks and route management
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Valid standard driver's license (Class D or above) with an excellent driving record.
• Ability to obtain and retain a valid Medical Examiner Card (MED)
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Medical Examiners Certification
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.