To perform professional driver duties and deliver product to McDonald's restaurants in a timely and professional manner and to help offload the product and provide excellent customer service
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Must be licensed and able to drive a tractor/trailer in a safe and proficient manner
• Responsible for the equipment and product in your care
• Responsible for inspecting your equipment to ensure it is in proper operating condition, fueled and ready for dispatch
• Ensure each vehicle is secured and the refrigeration units are operating when loading shift is completed
• Connect, stage and secure all vehicles on a daily basis, to route load schedule
• Completion of required paperwork / Perform daily inspections of the equipment
• Work in a safe manner and complying with the Health and Safety rules as set by the Company / Reporting any injuries or incidents in a timely manner
• Ensure that a high level of security is maintained with our equipment and the staging area
• Ensures compliance with DOT rules and regulations and company policies and procedures
Ensure the operations follow all Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR), Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and Good Warehouse Practices (GWP)/Good Drivers Practices (GDP) for transport rules and regulations.
• Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• High School or equivalent experience
• Three to five years' driving experience as licensed Professional Class A/AZ or Class 1 Driver
• 48' - 53' tractor trailer hauling experience
• Must be able to lift and move heavy boxes (up to 55 lbs)
• Great work ethic / Excellent time management skills.
• Strong interactive team player
• Integrative thinker and excellent problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• High initiative, self-motivation and solid leadership qualities
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This role includes weekend work as well as variability in shift start/finish timings based on job location. Shift timings and scheduled days of work may change from time to time based on business Requirements; therefore, flexibility in your schedule is a job requirement. Sunday to Saturday, any shift, with weekend work required. Safety boots are required. Uniforms supplied.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
About Martin Brower
Martin Brower is an innovative global supply chain solutions leader providing end-to-end solutions for restaurant chains across 19 countries. Our 11,000+ team members rely on our more than six decades of experience combining their expertise with the latest technologies. With the right tools, information and support, we equip our customers to run great restaurants and our team members to build great careers.
Qualified Drivers please CLICK APPLY BELOW and complete the application that follows for full consideration. The application will take no more than 5 minutes and can be completed on any smart device.