Call us at (888) 684-5762 to hear more about this great opportunity
or click APPLY BELOW.
The primary responsibility of the Lubes Delivery Agent is to provide our customers with uninterrupted supply of products by delivering products in a safe and timely manner. The Lubes Delivery Agent is also responsible ensuring compliance with DOT regulations.
- Local delivery and home EVERY night
- $5,000 sign on bonus
- Competitive compensation with overtime pay
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Incentive opportunities
About the Company:
McPherson Oil is a full-service petroleum products and services company that provides our customers with quality products and services. We have been achieving this mission for over forty years. McPherson Oil continues to be chosen by suppliers, customers and employees for their openness, honesty, and integrity in the petroleum business. We have a strong background of providing leadership in the petroleum distribution business which has provided a solid foundation for us to continue delivering quality products and services to our customers for many years to come.
We believe to be successful we need the right people. We seek people who strive for excellence and eagerly explore new ideas and challenges. If you want to be a change agent, lead the team, and drive success, McPherson Oil is the place for you. We need employees who embody our values of commitment to excellence, family, honesty, teamwork, and execution.
We offer not just at CAREER, but a place to hang your hat and call HOME.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with Dispatch person to assure uninterruptible supply for our customers in a timely and safe manner
- Deliver lubricant products, either in bulk form or package, to customers throughout the greater metro area.
- Load and unload product in and out of the truck, in a manner compliant with company policy and state and federal regulations.
- Drive vehicles to and from designated locations.
- Deliver products by following instructions from management and the instructions on the delivery ticket.
- Some warehouse responsibilities include moving materials, stacking products, and assisting with inventory.
- Operate a vehicle on and off customer sites in a manner compliant with company policy and procedure and compliant with DOT.
- Perform customer deliveries & other related truck movements as required.
- Maintain electronic logbook to state and federal regulations.
- Take samples of products, as required by management.
- Daily monitoring of vehicle's fluid levels as well as tire pressure to ensure good safety and preventative maintenance practices.
- Maintain contact with dispatcher as needed to receive updated delivery instructions.
- Perform roadside assistance as needed, such as changing tires.
- Use safety equipment such as fire extinguisher and spill kit, as necessary.
- Re-packaging products within company guidelines to meet customers' needs, as necessary.
- Prepare, complete and submit, in a timely manner, the paperwork required by MOP.
- Engage in proper loading, unloading and flushing procedures.
- Deliver the product in a courteous, professional manner.
- Flush and clean tanker after deliveries as required by company policy.
- Communicate with all Operations Personnel, Dispatchers, Fleet Maintenance Manager and assist them as required.
- Maintain and operate a vehicle in compliance with DOT requirements and maintain a clean and safe vehicle.
- Help maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Responsible for the completion of special projects or the assignment of other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- CDL Class A license with Tanker endorsements.
- Minimum of 3 years commercial driving experience.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Knowledge of general area in which product will be delivered.
- Legible handwriting.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public and to understand traffic signs, to make entries on reports and records.
- Possession of a current Medical Examiner's certificate.
- Knowledge of procedures to secure cargo in or on a commercial vehicle.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while performing multiple duties/tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude during all internal and external customer interactions.
- Effectively represents the company and responsive to the needs of internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to complete position responsibilities within the timeframe allotted.
- Self-driven and motivated individual.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Working knowledge of technology with a handheld device.
- Ability to work with a sense of efficiently.
- Produces a caliber of work consistent with departmental operating standards.
- Ability to follow company safety and quality procedures and guidelines consistently.
The work of this position is performed in both inside and outside environments in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. The position requires the ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75 lbs. Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing is required. In this position, associates may be exposed to hazardous materials, vapors, fumes, and extreme weather conditions. Proper PPE is provided for employees working in these conditions.
The job description of the Lubes Delivery Agent is not inclusive and is subject to changes, additions, and deletions as determined by the supervisor.
The McPherson Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.