CDL Driver - Part-time / Temporary
Call 763-533-5300 ext 119 Today
Good Sense Foods is focused on making quality innovative snack foods for healthier living.
Founded in 1976, we are a second-generation family owned and operated business with a clear vision and strong core values in pursuit of bringing the Company to the next level. We are on a mission to get Americans snacking healthier and it starts with our trail mixes, roasted nuts and seeds, dried fruits, and other value-added products typically sold in produce departments of grocery stores.
We foster a collaborative and transparent work environment where individual and team accomplishments are recognized.
We are proud of our award winning culture! We received the "Best Place to Work" award by the readers of Sun Media for 2020, 2021, and 2022.
Hours: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
This is a temporary position to fill in for someone who will be going on leave.
Purpose of the job: Ensure timely delivery of products to customers in and around Minnesota. Shuttle products between production warehouse and distribution center.
- Shuttle products between production warehouse and Distribution Center
- Deliver products to Good Sense customers in a safe and efficient manner
- Make pick-ups of purchase orders as requested from the Purchasing Department
- Inform supervisor in a timely manner of needed repairs on company truck
- Manage difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs.
- Represent the Company in a positive manner to customers and vendors
- Complete truck safety inspection on a daily basis.
- Must be able to safely operate Company truck in adverse weather conditions or congested traffic or loading situations
- Communicate problems to supervisors
- Complete all required paperwork
- Work in congested warehouse or loading areas
- Perform other related tasks as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality with all information.
- Work within our culture of Integrity, Goodwill and Results
- Class "A" Commercial drivers license with Air brake endorsement
- Clean driving record
- Able to understand and follow all procedures both written and verbal.
- Able to operate all hand and powered jacks.
- Able to complete all paperwork neatly.
- Excellent reading and number identification skills and able to read, write, and speak English
Education and/or Experience
- High School Education or GED.
- 2-3 years commercial driving experience
- Sit for extended periods of time, ability to get in and out of tractor cab, bend, talk and communicate, move around facility, lift 50 lbs
- Ability to talk and communicate both written and verbally
Typical warehouse environment, moving equipment, potential exposure to loud noises, potential congested areas during peak production season.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Good Sense Foods is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.