Give us a call at (866) 704-7977 ex 2438 to learn more about driving for Farmland!
Yard Jockey CDL A
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
We are one of the largest family owned food distributors in the tri-state area. Our quality and freshness standards are supported by the most stringent supply chain disciplines. Our care and passion for health is demonstrated by the qualifications we demand in every product bearing the Farmland Fresh Dairies name.... no hormones added / rBST free, antibiotic free milk supply, local sourcing, purity and superior taste.
Our relationships are based on trust, integrity and family values. We serve and enhance our communities. We support our associates to be the best they can be and champion excellence and continuous improvement. We believe in teamwork. We work closely with our partners in an open environment to create "win-win" relationships. We believe it is a privilege to serve. We are always looking for talented individuals that are passionate about innovation and providing an outstanding customer service experience.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision plan, 401K, Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays, Life Insurance Plan
Make up to $30.00 PER HOUR
- Checks with supervisor promptly at the start of the shift for day's assigned schedule.
- Reviews and tracks truck temperature and fuel logs
- Performs safety inspections of the yard horse and trailer according to DOT regulations
- Maintains communication with supervisor on truck rotations via radio
- Conducts inspection of all trucks once parked by the bay to ensure they are chocked securely
- Moves trailers in a safe and accurate manner as requested per manager
- Takes trailer temperature checks periodically while on shift
- Communicates with supervisors on temperature and fuel discrepancies
- Reports any issues on the yard such as traffic obstacles or hazards, accidents etc.
- Ensures all reefers are in ON mode when backed into a loading bay
- Performs general housekeeping duties in work area as needed
- Attaches empty trailers to "Yard Tractor" and transport to the appropriate loading dock door.
- Secures all equipment and completes all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- CDL Class A license required
- Valid DOT Medical Card
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working as a Yard Jockey or switcher
- Experience using a yard horse preferred but not required
- 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
- Must know how to operate a 10 speed tractor and stick shift /double clutch Mack trucks.
- Must have the availability to work overtime hours, weekends and holiday
- Morning availability required. Shift start time is between 6am-10am.
Do you have a CDL but don't have experience? We provide the training with our apprenticeship program. Experienced CDL drivers will be your mentors.
Don't have a CDL yet? We can help you, start with us as a driver's helper. We offer CDL tuition assistance programs.
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.