Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Drive and operate yard jockey truck to transport trailers to appropriate location(s) on the premises in observance of traffic and safety regulations.
- Operate a yard jockey truck, with automatic transmission, to transport trailers to appropriate location(s) on company premises, making an average of 50-75 moves per day.
- Perform these duties on second shift, from 3 pm to approximately 11 pm, Monday - Friday, and Saturdays as needed. Significant overtime hours may be required.
- Earn $19.50 per hour, paid bi-weekly, with the ability to qualify for benefits including health, vision, dental, 401K, and paid time off (PTO).
- Chock rear wheels of vehicle prior to any loading or unloading and, remove same chocks prior to driving away. Operate trailer and dock doors and remove and/or install safety devices as needed or as necessary.
- Report any maintenance needs or equipment malfunctions to appropriate supervisor and maintenance personnel.
- Maintain a safe work area free and clear of loose debris, wood, plastic and other obstacles which may impede operations, and sweeps work area as needed or as necessary.
What Experience You Need
- Commercial Driver's License not required
- Familiarity with yard jockey duties and/or fast-paced warehouse and truck yard environment preferred.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- No more than one (1) moving violation citation such as reckless driving or speeding in excess of fifteen (15) miles above the posted speed limit within the previous twelve (12) months, and no more than three (3) within the previous three (3) years.
- No DUI citations.
What Could Set You Apart
- Previous yard jockey/switcher experience or some Class A commercial driving experience preferred but not required
- Excellent tractor trailer backing skills
- Demonstration of interpersonal skills, including partnering with co-workers
- Ability to take direction and adapt in fast-paced environment
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.