Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Operate a commercial motor vehicle on public highways to deliver products to or from customer sites and warehouses via established routes, adhering to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Operate a Class A commercial vehicle (tractor trailer) to make mostly drop and hook pick-ups and deliveries at various warehouses and customer locations. This is a home daily position; trips stay within 100 miles of the home base.
- Perform these tasks Monday through Friday, between 3:15 pm and 11:45 pm.
- Earn $22.00 per hour, with the ability to qualify for many benefits such as health, vision, dental, 401K, and paid time off (PTO).
- Serve as a point of contact for product deliveries and acceptance, and relay relevant information between Americold and its customers.
- Maintain all appropriate paperwork, such as bills of lading and invoices.
- Strictly adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations including daily trip logs, pre- and post-trip vehicle and equipment inspections, and hours of service.
- Perform duties in the warehouse when not driving, such as loading/unloading with a forklift (will train), and light sanitation tasks.
What Experience You Need
- A valid and current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) in the state of residence.
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent, verifiable experience operating CDL A (tractor trailer) equipment and ability to operate a manual transmission.
- No conviction for driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs within the past five (5) years.
- No more than four (4) moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12 months.
- No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within three years.
- No violations for reckless driving, speeding 15 MPH over the speed limit, lane changes, or texting/handheld device use while driving. No conviction for a "serious or disqualifying traffic violation" within the last three (3) years as described in FMCSR parts 382, 391, 392 and 397).
What Could Set You Apart
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Demonstration of interpersonal and customer service skills, including partnering with co-workers and customers
- Skills in written and verbal communication, and basic math
- Skilled at reading and interpreting driving directions and road signs
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.