We Are Hiring Local CDL Class A Drivers!
Established in 1978, United Scrap Metal has grown from $200 and a rental truck to one of the largest full-service recyclers in the country. United Scrap Metal offers recycling solutions guided by decades of experience and a firm commitment to doing the right thing. We are passionate about making a positive difference for our customers, consumers, and communities.
The Driver's main role is to pick up, transport and deliver freight in a safe and efficient manner. This individual will report to the Transportation Manager. Drivers are also supervised and lead by the Dispatchers.
Pay and Benefits:
- $24 - $27 per hour time and a half after 40 hours
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations and paid time off
- 2 yearly bonuses
- Monthly Bonus Plan
- 50 – 55 hours a week
- Mon – Fri with weekends off!
- At least 2 years of similar industry experience preferred, ideally in a similar role / industry / fast paced environment.
- Must have a current Class A driver's license.
- Experience in the recycling industry, ability to identify metal materials, as well as van, flatbed, gondola, and roll-off experience a plus.
- Candidate must pass a pre-employment physical, background and credit check and pass all DOT standards, including but not limited to a driving record check.
- The Company desires a candidate who has shown a stable job history, dependable attendance practices and whose references can state is a trustworthy individual.
Notices and Disclaimers Reservation of Rights:
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be an exhaustive list of all job tasks that the team member may be required to perform, and the team member may be required to perform additional functions. United Scrap Metal reserves the right to revise this job description at any time in its sole discretion.
Equal Employment Opportunity. United Scrap Metal ("USM") is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity based on merit for all qualified individuals without discrimination because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability or genetic information unrelated to ability to perform the job, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, sexual preference or gender identity, military service status or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran, or for any other reason prohibited by law. Requesting an Accommodation. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting People Development (Human Resources) at 708.780.6800.
Employment at Will. Employees ("Team Members") are not hired for any definite term or duration. Team Members are employed at will. This job description is not intended to create a contract binding United Scrap Metal or Team Member to an agreement of employment for a specific term. This means that either the Team Member or United Scrap Metal is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice. #ZR