POSITION SUMMARY: The Driver Helper rides on the vehicle and assists a Driver in providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers who reside on a designated residential route. The Driver Helper is responsible for safely loading waste, as well as carrying bags and containers to the vehicle for disposal. The position assists the Driver in maneuvering his or her vehicle by directing the Driver from the ground. In addition, the Helper helps to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, as well as the on the route and in the work area.
Call Dawn (855) 877-3392 to learn more about our opportunities!
- Ride on the vehicle to assist the Driver while servicing customers on a designated route.
- Operate packing mechanism and various levers and handles to activate the lifting and loading mechanism
- Clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip; spray and clean the hopper and truck, if applicable.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy; report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Temp to Permanent position. Tuesday - Saturday 3:30am - 1:30pm
Please click APPLY BELOW and complete the short application that follows. You are still welcome to call Dawn with any questions at (855) 877-3392.