Now Hiring Non-CDL Drivers!!
First Transit Drivers provide transportation via the Maryland Transit Authority within our local communities. Each day our drivers transport individuals who rely on our service to doctors' appointments, work, grocery stores, and much, much more! As a Paratransit Driver, you would provide our clients with the freedom and independence of reliable, safe transportation. If you love helping people and driving – come work for us!
NEWLY INCREASED WAGE TO $20.00/HR!!
We are located at 2 convenient locations:
2600 Sisson St. Baltimore, MD 21211
4501 E Lombard St. Baltimore, MD 21224
Professional Drivers are encouraged to apply!
Please complete the full application to be connected to a recruiter right away!
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- NEW $20/HR starting wage!
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental, and vision
- Paid PTO/Vacation
- Cutting Edge Paid Training
- Full-Time Work (No Part-Time schedule availability)
- OVERTIME OPPORTUNITIES!
- Many Career Advancement Opportunities!
- Year-round work
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- GPS guidance in all vehicles
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
We want you to drive with us if you:
- Have good verbal communication skills
- No CDL License is required - Applicants must be in possession of a valid Maryland driver's license. Learners, Provisional, and non-Maryland driver's licenses cannot be accepted.
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver's license for at least 3 years
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- Please note all applicants are subject to a drug test and physical
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering - That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First Transit is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First Transit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First Transit is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.