Prior experience delivering merchandise to customers using a box truck or similar vehicle.
1+ years of experience operating material handling equipment.
No more than 2 minor accidents in the past rolling 3 years.
No more than 2 moving violations in the past rolling 3 years.
Wholesale distribution experience.
Makes deliveries to customers using a company-provided or rental vehicle. Maintains records of deliveries, inspects and maintains delivery vehicles, and provides customer service on order and delivery issues. This position requires operation of a company or rental vehicle, and this operation may be done during the average work week. If selected for this position, the company will continuously monitor Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs). A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR status and a valid driver's license.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers customer orders safely within a service area, including interfacing with customers on order issues.
- Loads inventory into trucks and unloads orders at customer sites using powered and non-powered material handling equipment.
- Reviews order manifests to ensure customer orders and daily routes are complete and accurate.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections in accordance with Department of Transportation regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Maintains routine contact with the distribution center to receive instructions on delivery interruptions, such as traffic congestion or missing orders.
- Prepares and maintains vehicle and customer order records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Contacts customers to provide updates on delivery statuses.
- Provides feedback to management on escalated customer service and sales-related issues.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
For CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA Job Seekers:
HDS provides the following benefits to all permanent full-time associates:
Medical (with Prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision plans
Health care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
401(K) with company match
Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, and Wellness Day
Paid Sick Time
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Whole Life insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA law requires the posting of the potential salary range for advertised jobs. Individual base pay is determined based on a variety of elements including market data, experience, skills, internal equity and other factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.