Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
- Home daily
- Pay starts at 19.74/hour
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education assistance
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Unload and load freight off/on trailers
- Perform vehicle inspections, under supervision, as required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- Maintain records in accordance with FMCSR, DOT and company policies
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Handle hazardous materials and adhere to company safety policies
- Maintain contact with service center personnel in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- To be at least 21 years old
- To attain a CDL-A permit by the first day of class; attain the following endorsements within 90 days of employment: double/triple trailers, tanker and HAZMAT
- Initiate the TSA fingerprint-based background check by completing the fingerprinting process no later than the second week of class
- Safe driving record and history
- To pass a DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals; pass a company-paid DOT physical
- To pass a company-paid post-offer, pre-hire, screen test (physical essential functions); able to perform essential functions with or without accommodations
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends; also, a designated shift prior to or following a 4-hour unpaid classroom training session
It'd be great if you also have:
- Forklift experience
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Safely operate heavy equipment; move and position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; work in adverse weather conditions; climb in and out of a tractor cab and trailer, and sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or on a forklift
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
Don't have your CDL-A yet? Learn more about our Driver School here.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.