Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
- Operate a Class A commercial vehicle (tractor trailer) with manual transmission, to make pick-ups and deliveries at various warehouses and customer locations. This is a home daily position.
- Engage in trips that start between midnight and 6:00 am, to make mostly no-touch deliveries to customers, for an average of eleven hours per day, Monday through Friday, and half days on Saturdays, primarily in Northern New Jersey, and the New York City boroughs (except Manhattan).
- Earn $31.13 per hour, paid weekly, with the ability to qualify for many benefits such as health, vision, dental, 401K, paid time off (PTO), quarterly safety bonus and more.
- Strictly adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations including daily trip logs, pre- and post-trip vehicle and equipment inspections, and hours of service, and maintain all paperwork, such as bills of lading and invoices.
What Experience You Need
- A valid and current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) in the state of residence and minimum of two (2) years of CDL A driving experience, with ability to operate manual transmission.
- No conviction for driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs within the past five (5) years.
- No more than four (4) moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12 months.
- No violations for reckless driving, speeding 15 MPH over the speed limit, lane changes, or texting/handheld device use while driving.
- No conviction for a "serious or disqualifying traffic violation" as described in FMCSR parts 382, 391, 392 and 397) or preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling vehicle damage within three (3) years.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Successful passing of Department of Transportation (DOT) background screen, pre-employment drug test, and other required physical and medical examinations.
• Demonstrated ability to enter and exit truck as well as hook and unhook trailering equipment.
• Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal and customer service communication skills sufficient to read and interpret road maps and road signs and partner with customers and other co-workers.
• Demonstrated mathematical skills sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals sufficient to complete required papers and documents.
• Demonstrated possession and application of reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, and speaking skills necessary to interact and respond to customers, co-workers, and management staff effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems in a fast-paced environment where deadlines and scopes may change regularly while maintaining accuracy. Drivers may be subject to conditions and other stresses and fatigue related to driving a motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in various weather conditions. Demonstrated ability to self-start with little or no direction preferred.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to sit for long periods of time in a vehicle. Also must be able to repeatedly and quickly adjust vehicle controls to exact positions for several hours per day. While driving, operators are exposed to noise and vibration levels which may be higher than those typically experienced in passenger cars.
• Demonstrated manual dexterity and coordination of two (2) or more limbs with normal movements while sitting, standing, or lying down. This does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
• Demonstrated ability to talk, hear, and see sufficiently to complete assigned tasks. Must be able to visually identify details from distances.
• May be required to carry loads related to travel and occasionally lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Demonstrated ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions sufficient to partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
• Demonstrated judgment skills sufficient to identify which of several objects is closer or farther away and to accurately ascertain distance between self and other objects.
• Demonstrated ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
What Could Set You Apart
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience with refrigerated (reefer) trailers
- Demonstration of interpersonal and customer service skills, including partnering with co-workers and customers
- Skills in written and verbal communication, and basic math
- Skilled at reading and interpreting driving directions and road signs
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.