McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
Transportation Job Description
Places trailers to proper doors for shipping and keeps trailers clean for shipping. Pre-cools trailers for loading. Monitors TK temperatures during the loading process. Monitors TK and tractor fuel. Notes damages to trailers and tractors to management. Shuttles equipment to and from fleet provider. Periodically cover routes, make special deliveries and pick-up local backhauls.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Commercial Class A Drivers License.
- Must have at least 9 months of verifiable tractor trailer driving experience.
- Must meet McLane's MVR and Risk Rating qualifications.
- Requires high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity in the control of tractor-trailer and in preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment.
- Must be able to climb in and out of tractor on continuous basis.
- Ability to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Must meet department of transportation physical and medical requirements, pass a pre-employment substance abuse test as a safety sensitive employee, and be subject to random substance testing under company policy.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.