CDL A Driver
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive a tractor-trailer combination or truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 GVW to transport and deliver both general and specialized cargo, goods or materials in liquid, loose, packaged or palletized form in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Local and over the road delivery of both general and specialized freight in accordance with DOT regulations and company's standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure timely delivery on both regular and ad hoc runs.
- Keeping and maintaining logs of activities in accordance with DOT regulations as to the hours driven and condition of vehicle.
- Reporting information to dispatcher via, cell phone or computer on schedule, road conditions, weather, mechanical or other important situations or conditions which may adversely impact delivery deadline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Hold CDL Class A license
- Good driving record
- Strong interpersonal and excellent customer service skills are required
- Must pass drug test and background check.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
Cavalier Logistics, a premier provider of global transportation, warehousing and logistics services for 30 years, is currently seeking full-time professional Class A CDL truck drivers for local and over the road deliveries, to join our team near Dulles Airport. Cavalier provides exceptional service in the areas of General cargo, Government services, and Biopharma services. Our decades of experience and emphasis on our clients' specialized needs being our priority, keeps customers coming back year after year.
If you would like to join a dedicated team and contribute to a sterling reputation, this might be the position for you. Cavalier is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and full benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, paid vacation, and an Employee Assistance Program.
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have great organizational skills and are a team player - apply for this great position today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.