AmeriGas Propane is the nation's largest propane distributor, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and motor fuel propane customers in all 50 states. AmeriGas is listed on the New York stock exchange [NYSE: APU]. For more information visit our website at www.amerigas.com
TO APPLY, SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE AND CLICK THE "Submit Your Resume/CV To This Job" BUTTON
************WE ARE OFFERING A $2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!!!!!!!!!****************
The ACE Delivery Rep delivers filled gas grill cylinders to customer locations that resell the cylinders to individual consumers. AmeriGas ACE customers can include large retail chains, such as Wal-Mart, Jewel, and Home Depot, and small independent retailers such as gas stations, convenience stores, or hardware stores. Full cylinders are placed into the customer's storage cage and exchanged for empty cylinders, which are loaded back onto the truck and taken back to the AmeriGas facility for refill. The number of daily deliveries and quantity of tanks exchanged at each stop may vary based upon the region of the country and the season of the year. An average range of deliveries may vary from 10 stops per day exchanging 150 to 200 tanks, up to 25 to 30 stops per day exchanging 300 to 600 tanks. Upon return to the AmeriGas facility, empty tanks are generally unloaded, filled and reloaded back onto the truck by a Utility Worker.
- Safety Mindset - Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of safety to the company; considers the impact on safety when making decisions; consistently models safety practices
- Customer Focus - Makes customers the highest priority, second only to safety; is committed to meeting the needs of all customers; establishes rapport and engages customers in discussion of their needs;
- Integrity & Trustworthiness - Demonstrates high professional and personal standards; treats people fairly and with respect; handles confidential information appropriately.
- Communication - Listens and responds appropriately to others; articulates ideas clearly, persuasively, and concisely
- Meets Commitments - Sees issues through to completion; checks with appropriate parties to ensure issues have been completely resolved; finds ways to overcome barriers that initially prevents oneself from immediately solving problems and getting the job done.
- Contributes to Team Success - Collaborates effectively with others; completes work to enable team to meet deadlines; shares relevant information; solicits feedback from others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive one to two truckloads of filled cylinders to customer sites daily and exchange these cylinders for empties. (340 cylinders per truckload.)
- Place filled cylinders into customers' storage cages, remove empty cylinders, and reload empty cylinders back onto the truck. May require rearranging cylinders on the truck to keep the empty cylinders to the back and on the bottom, so that filled cylinders can be easily accessed at the next stop.
- Weather conditions may require shoveling snow to get through alleys to customer locations or to gain access to storage cages.
- Move any materials that may be blocking customer storage cages.
- Unload, refill, and reload tanks when working on Saturday or Sunday to meet customer demand in peak season.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Required federal, state and local licenses/permits/certifications for work being performed.
- Knowledge of propane along with the safe operation in filling and storage operations.
- Within first six months in the position, incumbent must meet training and certification requirements for delivery work.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, contractors, customers, and the general public
- Ability to climb steps/ladders, walk 1-5 miles and carry multiple propane cylinders weighing up to 75 lbs each
Education and Experience Required:
- At least 21 years old with a valid CDL with HazMat and Air Brake endorsements.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing in and out of the truck
- Environmental conditions such as rain, mud, ice, snow, and uneven terrain will affect this job, as the employee spends most of the workday outdoors.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Employment is contingent upon the completion and our evaluation of a drug screening test and a criminal background check in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.