HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all DOT regulations and safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload
at customer site. Operate trucks to pick up and deliver products, supplies and equipment to and from organization, supplier and customer
sites. Duties may involve complex pickups and deliveries, e.g., night deliveries, transport of dangerous and hazardous materials.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc. Servesas primary interface with the customer at point of delivery. Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery location.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and HD Supplypolicies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck asneeded.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and billof ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at customer's site.
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking allincoming material.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED,strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Have a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all therelevant endorsements required for type of equipment being operated (i.e. HazMat to transport hazardous materials that requireplacarding).
- Two (2) years of commercial driving experience compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulationspreferred.
- Forklift certification preferred.
Job ID 2019-30984
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.