HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Facilitates load management, including the accurate and efficient dispatching of all dedicated drivers in the facility. Coach and train new and existing members of delivery team. Makes deliveries daily in a dynamic area in an efficient and effective manner.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Coordinates the loading and dispatching of all routes. Dispatcher or customer resolution responsibility.
- Perform routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Plan route to and from customers' businesses and adjust for traffic and/or construction.
- Coaches and trains new and existing members. Provide timely feedback to management on team's performance.
- Load truck with daily merchandise to be delivered as well as unload merchandise for customer.
- Prepare and maintain records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Deliver merchandise to customer and contact customer if they are not present.
- Performs back-up warehouse responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor or direct "customers" of the process
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be twenty one years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or Associates degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5 to 7 years of experience in related area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Proper licensing relative to equipment. HazMat certification may be required.
- Familiarity material handling equipment is preferred.
- Forklift certification.
- Level III: Minimum of Class A license required. Operate vehicle with GVW over 26,000 pounds in combination.
- Level II: Minimum of Class B license required. Operate vehicle with GVW over 26,000 pounds not in combination, or transport hazardous materials that require placarding.
Job ID 2019-30973
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.