Driver Team Lead needed in Hayward, CA
Are you an experienced Delivery Driver and possess leadership and coaching skills, HD Supply is ready for you! Our Local Drivers are on the road Monday through Friday and make it home every night .
Shift: Monday through Friday
Location: HD Supply, 2754 W Winton Ave, Hayward, CA, 94545
HD Supply Offers:
- Local Delivery Routes (Not Over the Road)
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Monday - Friday Schedule
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Floating Holidays, Wellness Day)
- Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- Must be at least 21 yrs of age
- Must have a clean Driver's License
- Must be able to operate up to a 26 ft box truck
- Must have routing/dispatching experience
About us: HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Facilitates load management, including the accurate and efficient dispatching of all dedicated drivers in the facility. Coach and train new and existing members of delivery team. Makes deliveries daily in a dynamic area in an efficient and effective manner.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Coordinates the loading and dispatching of all routes. Dispatcher or customer resolution responsibility.
- Perform routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Plan route to and from customers' businesses and adjust for traffic and/or construction.
- Coaches and trains new and existing members. Provide timely feedback to management on team's performance.
- Load truck with daily merchandise to be delivered as well as unload merchandise for customer.
- Prepare and maintain records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Deliver merchandise to customer and contact customer if they are not present.
- Performs back-up warehouse responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Proper licensing relative to equipment.
- Box truck route delivery experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass an MVR check and DOT physical.
- Ability to professionally lead staff by example and handle light supervisory duties. Familiar with training and coaching techniques.
- Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures.
- Ability to think and take constructive action in work-related matters.
Job ID 2019-33183
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 94545
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.