Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Route driver is a key member of the client experience and liaisons between Wazee Electric and customers receiving motor repair services. The route driver is responsible for picking up and delivering products and goods that Wazee electric is repairing or installing for clients of the business. Additionally the route sales driver establishes relationships with customer contacts and helps the sales team identify additional opportunities to sale service provided by Wazee Electric that the customer would benefit from. The route driver assists the shop with routine housekeeping and shop upkeep when not engaged in the field picking up or dropping off customer products.
- Read customer orders, shipping orders, and requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Ensure customer orders, delivery tickets, picking lists, sales orders, customer records and any other necessary documents are completed prior to loading or delivery.
- Verify all items listed on the delivery tickets, picking lists, bills of lading, packing lists and other customer or plant documents are loaded, delivered, and picked up according to customers' and management's requests.
- Safely transport product to and pick up from specified locations in a timely, safe and courteous manner.
- Develop and maintain an efficient routing system.
- Develop and maintain an organized and efficient loading and unloading system
- Maintain logs and complete pre-trip inspections.
- Provide the customer with an accurate delivery ticket and picking list.
- Maintain the service and appearance of route trucks.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Internally distribute delivery, shipping, and work order documents.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves or relocate orders to a holding area.
- Mark apparatuses with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Promotes the services of the plant.
- Participate with Plant personnel in housekeeping and maintenance of building
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal communication and an ability to effectively communicate with external and internal customers and co-workers
- Ability to efficiently read maps
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lift more than 50lbs.
- Able to safely operate forklift
- An ability to function well as part of a team
- Professional appearance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and mobile devices
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
2. Valid Driver's License
3. Good Driving Record
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Previous route driving experience
2. Commercial truck operation
3. Forklift Certification
4. Overhead cranes and hoist operation
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position works in a motor vehicle with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, hours to be determined.
Daily and extended motor vehicle travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.