Sugar Tanker - Los Angeles, CA
The Transport Driver is responsible for providing unfailing support to Sales and Operations by assuring that the Distribution Centers always have the merchandise to support the Company's ability to meet or exceed our customers' needs.
Salary and Benefits Information: The starting rate of pay for this position is $24.29 an hour. Attractive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, etc).
Schedule and Shift: This is a full time, 3rd shift, Monday -Friday, 8:00pm until complete. Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, and holidays is required as scheduled.
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and operates vehicle in a safe and efficient manner.
- Notify Route Manager of any mechanical problems or issues that occur on vendors, or any changes in account status (i.e. new ownership, account closed, etc).
- Operate bulk vehicle in the delivery of full Keurig Dr Pepper brands and picks up empty product transport containers or pallets in assigned warehouses.
- Prepare and extend delivery tickets showing cases placed and credits given; accurate accounting of full and empty goods.
- Maintain DOT time log and other required transport documentation.
- Develop and maintain positive Company image in the trade and industry to achieve the Company's objective for the overall growth and availability of Keurig Dr Pepper brands.
- Transport the right merchandise to the right place at the right time in the most cost effective and safe manner.
- Be vigilant in assuring safety as well as the cost-efficient maintenance and operation of Company vehicles by: performing daily vehicle inspections and address any concerns immediately, maintaining immediate and open communication regarding road hazards, etc., training all new employees in safety procedures and preventative maintenance.
- Aggressively assist lift drivers in unloading trailers.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Exhibit thorough communication with the dispatch team and Transport manager.
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and driver's license
- 2 years experience with Sugar Tankers
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott's® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.