Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Local Class 1 Delivery Driver - Multiple Bonuses Offered!
- Retention Bonus - Earn Up to and Over $4000 in your first 12 months!
- Hit Top Hourly Rate in your first 12 Months!
- Benefits for you and your family after 30 DAYS!!
*New Class 1 MELT Graduates Welcomed*
HOME EVERY NIGHT! Schedule: 4 day shifts per week, 10 hour shifts
Are you a Class 1 Driver who is physically fit, enjoys delivering excellent customer service, and working with a great team? Do you like being able to come home at the end of your shift and are you ready for a new challenge? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you!
Class 1 Position Highlights:
- Competitive hourly rate for first 3 months ($29.90 per hour)
- Reach Top Hourly rate after 1 year ($33.10 per hour)
- Retention Bonus paid after 6 & 12 months
- Exciting Performance Based incentive programs available after 3 months
- 4 day work week with overtime opportunities (if applicable)
- Local routes --> guaranteed to be home every day!
- Family culture and advancement opportunities
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Drug benefits available after 30 days of employment
- RRSP Matching
- Profit Sharing Opportunity
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Family Responsibility time allowing for flexible discretionary allocation for personal & sick time
- Safety Footwear & Cell Phone Allowances
- Company provided Uniforms & Personal Protective Equipment
- Many more Discounts, Training and Opportunities!
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Required:
- Valid Class 1/AZ driver's license with a clean commercial driver's abstract
- Physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 80 lbs)
- Strong communication and customer service skills with English fluency
- Previous professional driving experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature and road conditions
- Providing exceptional service to build and maintain quality customer relationships
- Manually sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600 - 1000 cases/shift)
- Operating straight trucks or trailers safely and professionally to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban and rural routes
- Conducting routine pre/post-trip truck inspections and maintaining accurate records of delivery routes, temperature logs, count sheets and incident reporting
- Performing product delivery verification at the customer location and maintaining customer invoices
- Following health and safety and safe work procedures
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line.
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more or Apply Below