Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Join Our Winning Team!
Schedule: 4 Nights a Week - Sunday- Friday, Shift 9PM & work until route complete.
Home every day!
Hourly Pay - Drivers Can Make $32 Within The First Year Of Employment!
Benefits After 30 days! Health, Vision & Dental!
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick & PTO!
401K With Company Match & Profit Sharing!
Take a look at what it's like to be a Regional Route Delivery Driver serving our chain account customers:
What's different about Gordon Food Service?
- Our trucks are clean, safe, and well-cared for, just like we care for our drivers
- Schedules that allow you to be home regularly
- Exceptional benefits, pay, and incentives
- High-quality, well-maintained trucks
- Dedicated to your safety
- Stability - you're guaranteed a route and paid weekly. Food is always in season - and the Food Service industry is growing.
It's time for you to feel safe, valued, and respected.
Our minimum requirements:
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to operate a two-wheel cart with loads of up to 350 pounds
- Ready for technology - handheld scanners, basic computer operations
- Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage (including marijuana) and a background check
- CDL A License Required. No Automatic Restrictions.
- Clean driving record; as required by DOT and Gordon Food Service standards
- You must be registered through the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and provide electronic consent in order to be considered for employment with us effective January 6th, 2020. If you have not registered through the Clearinghouse, click here to register
Presents a positive image to Gordon Food Service (GFS) Chain customers through courteous, on-time, accurate deliveries of GFS products. Serves as liaison between GFS management and customers to report customer concerns. Communicates all customer issues and concerns. Operates GFS equipment in a professional and safe manner demonstrating attention to detail, safe work habits, working knowledge of tractor-trailer, refrigerated van, and the ability to deal effectively with customers and the public. Must pass the required physical ability test for area hired.
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS products.
- Build and maintain good customer relationships. Demonstrates self-control.
- Accurately collects customer payments. Safeguards company funds and follows GFS banking policies.
- Performs all Sales Service functions by the 90th day of employment.
- Perform proper equipment maintenance, monitor reefer temperature, and reports mechanical issues and damages in timely manner.
- Complete daily check-ins in a timely manner with no errors.
- Collaborates with management and sales representatives to communicate customer concerns.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles and equipment. Completes check in process accurately and on time. Manage paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups, etc
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with other GFS employees.
- Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas. Attending department meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- This position requires punctuality, problem solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and also function in a team environment.
- Must be goal oriented with a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to adhere to all safety/compliance regulations and procedures.
- Must maintain a professional appearance wearing the GFS uniform.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this job including lifting, pushing, pulling of product.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more or Apply Below