Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
We are looking for the next overnight delivery driver helper!
Location: Taunton MA
Can work up to 5 nights - Sunday - Friday
Shift starts at 9pm & work until the route is complete.
Pay: $19.00/hr - Full time, Benefits, 401K with Company Match & Profit Sharing!
Come Grow with Us! We're hiring Driver Helper to help us as we continue to expand our fleet. For you, it's a great way to get to know our business and prepare to help our truck delivery routes in the future!
Our Driver Helpers are an essential part of our customer experience, delivering smaller loads, the unexpected order, or taking care of an emergency.
What's different about Gordon Food Service?
- Committed schedules that allow you to be home daily
- Exceptional benefits, pay, and incentives
- High-quality, well-maintained equipment
- Dedicated to your safety
- Everyone is important - especially our Driver Helper teams!
We depend upon our Helpers to meet the needs of our customers (restaurants, hospitals & education centers) as valued representatives of the Gordon Food Service image by providing exceptional, accurate deliveries.
You're home daily - here's what you'd be doing each day:
- Keep our customer happy with accurate, timely, deliveries of GFS products
- Build and maintain good customer relationships
- Help deliver products to customer locations within delivery window time frames
- Exercise safe lifting best practices and work safely at all times
- Handle customer concerns in a positive and professional manner
- Do physical work (repetitive lifting)
- Be self-motivated and able to work well independently and within a team
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Put a strong emphasis on attendance and punctuality
We'll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum requirements:
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to operate a two-wheel cart with loads of up to 350 pounds
- Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage (including marijuana) and a background check
- Ready for technology - handheld scanners, basic computer operations
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
Presents a positive image to Gordon Food Service (GFS) customers through supporting the Transportation Department in making courteous, on-time, accurate deliveries. Provide service in a safe manner demonstrating attention to detail, safe work habits, and the ability to deal effectively with customers.
- Assists Sales Service Representative / Chain Driver to ensure safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS products.
- Builds and maintains courteous customer relationships.
- Completes check-ins in a timely manner with no errors.
- Collaborates with management and Sales Service Representative / Chain Driver to communicate customer concerns.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with other GFS employees.
- Provides Sales Service Representative / Chain Driver assistance with paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups, e
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS products.
- Ability to display customer service in a courteous, friendly manner
- Accurately collects customer payments. Safeguards company funds and follows GFS banking policy
- Performs proper equipment maintenance, monitors reefer temperature, and reports mechanical issues and damages in timely manner.
- Collaborates with management and drivers to communicate customer concerns.
- Manages paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups, etc
- Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas. Attending department meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more or Apply Below