Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Yard Truck Driver
- $23.71 plus $5/hr additional shift premium, and monthly incentives!
- 3rd Shift: Sunday - Thursday 7pm Start Time
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays is required
- 504 Advantage Way, Aberdeen, MD 21001
Benefits after 30 days!
- 4% company match for 401K
- Save for retirement with Profit Sharing
- 89% of leadership is hired from within GFS - start your career here!
Sets up, prepares, moves and manages inbound and/or outbound trailers to support unloading and loading of products at Gordon Food Service Distribution Centers. Maintains a pace to support Warehouse Operations and delivery schedules.
- Uses yard truck to fuel and stage empty trailers.
- Pre-cools trailers to designated temperature and documents in log.
- Backs trailers into designated dock doors for loading/unloading process and secures trailers with anti-tip devices.
- Pulls loaded trailers and stages on ship pad in designated position to fulfill the Transit hook sheet (outbound only)
- Communicates with interior dock personnel to ensure trailers are completed and released from dock.
- Performs pre-trip inspection according to GFS safety procedures and completes and submits inspection form daily.
- Completes housekeeping activities on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a CDL-A license with no auto restrictions
- Must be able to communicate clearly in a professional manner.
- Ability to back in and stage multiple styles and size trailers.
- Ability to read and set temperature gauges.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions during the day or night.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more or Apply Below