Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Are you an Class 1 Driver who is physically fit, enjoys delivering excellent customer service, and working with a great team? Do you like being able to come home at the end of your shift and are you ready for a new challenge? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you!
What we offer:
- Day Shift: Early morning start
- Location: Winnipeg, MB
- Starting rate of $23.36 per hour, move to $26.25 within 12 months!
- Pay for performance incentive program after 3 months
- 4 day work week with overtime opportunities (if applicable)
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drugs, and EFAP Benefits after 30 days!
- FULL flex benefits program and company matching RRSP
- Local routes --> guaranteed to be home every day!
- Family culture and advancement opportunities
- Profit Sharing
- 125 year, family owned and operated company
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Required:
- Valid Class 1 driver's license with a clean commercial driver's abstract
- Physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 80 lbs)
- Strong communication and customer service skills with English fluency
- Previous professional driving experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature and road conditions
- Providing exceptional service to build and maintain quality customer relationships
- Manually sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600 - 1000 cases/shift)
- Operating straight trucks or trailers safely and professionally to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban and rural routes
- Conducting routine pre/post-trip truck inspections and maintaining accurate records of delivery routes, temperature logs, count sheets and incident reporting
- Performing product delivery verification at the customer location and maintaining customer invoices
- Following health and safety and safe work procedures
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line.
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more or Apply Below