Prior experience delivering merchandise to customers using a box truck or similar vehicle.
3+ years of experience operating material handling equipment.
No more than 2 minor accidents in the past rolling 3 years.
No more than 2 moving violations in the past rolling 3 years.
Wholesale distribution experience.
Facilitates load management, including the accurate and efficient dispatching of all dedicated drivers in the facility. Trains and provides support to new and existing associates on the transportation team. This position requires operation of a company or rental vehicle, and this operation may be done during the average work week. If selected for this position, the company will continuously monitor Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs). A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR status and a valid driver's license.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Coordinates the loading and dispatching of all driver routes.
Oversees pre- and post-trip inspections in accordance with Department of Transportation regulations and internal policies and procedures.
Conducts daily route planning and optimization for drivers.
Serves as the primary point-of-contact for all driver-related issues.
Coaches and trains new and existing drivers on policies and procedures and provides feedback to management on team performance.
Reviews order manifests to ensure customer orders and daily routes are complete and accurate.
Delivers customer orders within a service area, including interfacing with customers on order issues.
Provides feedback to management on escalated customer service and sales-related concerns.
Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact. Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior level associates.
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior level associates.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of responsibility.
For CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA Job Seekers:
HDS provides the following benefits to all permanent full-time associates:
Medical (with Prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision plans
Health care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
401(K) with company match
Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, and Wellness Day
Paid Sick Time
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Whole Life insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA law requires the posting of the potential salary range for advertised jobs. Individual base pay is determined based on a variety of elements including market data, experience, skills, internal equity and other factors.
Our Goals for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture that promotes equity, respect, and advocacy for every HD Supply associate. We value the diversity of our people.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.