Earn While You Learn to be a CDL-A truck driver with First Team
Jumpstart your driving career with First Team Trucking! We're now offering a unique opportunity for aspiring drivers to attain their Class A CDL. Under our special Earn While You Learn initiative, join us as a Driver Trainee, and not only will we cover the full cost of your CDL training with our esteemed partners at 160Driving Academy, but you'll also earn an hourly wage during your learning journey!
Here's a peek into the program:
- Tailored Training: Engage in comprehensive CDL-A training, including 160 hours of classroom instruction and hands-on experience, plus an additional 60 hours of specialized Finishing Training.
- Paid Learning: You'll earn $14 per hour while acquiring the skills and knowledge needed to excel as a professional driver - no need to choose between earning and learning; with us, you get both!
- Fast-Track Career Path: In just six weeks of training (8 hours a day, 5 days a week), you'll be ready to hit the road, equipped with top-tier training and a Class A CDL, all set for a prosperous driving career dedicated to Amazon deliveries.
- Career Advancement: Once you receive your Class A CDL and Finishing training, your pay will increase significantly to a qualified driver's pay
Key job responsibilities:
- Haul Amazon loads (100% no touch freight) using state of the art Amazon-branded equipment and technology.
POST TRAINING COMPLETION
- Compensation: 4 Days - $1404+/Week + Benefit
- Benefits: 401K, Health Benefits, 3 DAYS OFF
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Why you'll want to work for First Team Trucking
- Earn More: Drivers averaging $65,000 - $75,000 annually for financial stability and growth opportunities. PAID DAILY!
Consistent Work: Consistent work all year and have opportunities for additional shifts and overtime.
Compelling Benefits: We offer W2 employment with paid time off, health and dental insurance, and 401(k).
Be 21 years of age or older
Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
Able to speak, read, and write in English
Must satisfy Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) requirements imposed by the DOT
Must have a positive Drive-A-Check (DAC) Report
Pass a DOT-required drug screen
Able to learn and use hand held technology devices
Be able to learn and use smart phone applications such as GPS
1 + years of experience using hand held technology devices
1 + years of experience using smart phone applications such as GPS
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
You will be working directly for a local transportation company that has a dedicated contract with Amazon.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, national origin, race, color, disability, religious beliefs, sex (including sexual orientation) or genetic information (including family medical history).Trainee