If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Maersk Warehousing and Distribution USA LLC handles end-to-end warehousing and distribution logistics needs utilizing our strategic network of storage facilities. Our facilities are capable of receiving, storing, processing and dispatching cargo, so we can build flexibility and resilience into the supply chain process.Our integrated solutions allow us to be prepared for supply chain risks, so we can plan distribution to better achieve lead time and goals despite unexpected conditions. Our extensive experience, connections, and deep expertise across different sectors, industries, and transportation modes, means we can be counted on for process excellence that will save time and money.
Operate a vehicle to transport materials to and from specified destinations in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with DOT regulations. Models and acts in accordance with Pilot's policies and procedures.
- Understand and comply with all State, Federal, DOT and TSA regulations
- Check in with dispatch daily for assigned pickup/delivery route
- Operate vehicles to transport materials to and from in a safe and efficient manner
- Present self in a clean and professional manner at all times
- Pilot identification including but not limited to ID badge and or required Pilot apparel
- Perform inspection of the assigned unit and complete all required paperwork
- Ensure equipment is kept in proper repair and working order
- Clean and secure assigned unit and the end of shift
- Complete DOT logs if required
- Load and unload freight from truck utilizing the proper equipment and securing for transit when necessary
- Check for and notate/communicate damages/shortages or other exceptions
- Maintain communication with dispatch, promptly report all delays
- Function and use of driver's application for all pickups and deliveries
- Verify all freight corresponds to paperwork
- Assist and apply additional packing to shipments when needed
- Assist in the warehouse if needed
- Able to work variable hours, including weekends and overtime
- Clocking in/out daily (including lunch breaks) and maintaining lunch/break schedule independently.
- Other duties assigned deemed necessary by the Cartage Supervisor
- Must have clean motor vehicle record
- Able to apply basic problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret maps
- Strong knowledge of the roadways throughout the immediate and surrounding areas
- Ability to read and understand tariff signs and signals
- Ability to read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms and other related documents
- Basic PC skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to discern numbers and information
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Able to use various dock equipment sucks as forklifts, pallet jacks and banding/shrink wrap and other materials
401k + Company Match
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
Flexible Work Schedules (when possible)
$18.00 - 21.00/hour
*The above stated pay range is the anticipated starting salary range for the position. The Company may adjust this range in light of prevailing market conditions and other factors such as location. The Company will work directly with the selected candidate(s) on the final starting salary in accordance with all applicable laws.
Notice to applicants applying to positions in the United States
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Maersk Warehousing and Distribution USA LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities who are applying for positions in the U.S. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law . We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
If you are interested in applying for employment with us in the U.S. and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, or if you need a reasona ble accommodation to perform a job, please contact the applicable Human Resources Department by emailing email@example.com . You may also contact the Human Resources Department by calling 844-447-7878 . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis pursuant to an interactive dialogue between the applicant and the Company .
Pay Transparency Notice:
Maersk is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we embrace different styles of thinking. Maersk is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, colour, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or parental leave, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
We are happy to support your need for any adjustments during the application and hiring process. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website, apply for a position, or to perform a job, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .