Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
NIGHT SHIFT: Sun - Thurs - 7 to 8 PM start
*** MINIMUM 2 YEARS OF AZ DRIVING EXPERIENCE TO APPLY ***
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and EFAP Benefits after 30 days of employment
- FULL flex benefits program
- Company matching RRSP
- Family culture
- Advancement opportunities
- Profit Sharing
- 125 year, family owned and operated company history
- Competitive hourly rate for first 3 months ($26.34 per hour)
- Family culture and advancement opportunities
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Required:
- Valid AZ driver's license with a clean commercial driver's abstract
- Previous professional driving experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature and road conditions
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS products.
- Transports loaded and empty trailers from GFS Distribution Centers or from point-to-point via night transit in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with the Manager, Assistant Transportation Manager and/or dispatcher for work assignments, changes in assignments and on-time delivery performance.
- Ability to perform all transit functions by the 90th day of employment.
- Delivers volume customers and presents a positive image in customer service while making deliveries.
- Perform proper equipment maintenance, monitor reefer temperature, and reports mechanical issues and damages in timely manner.
- Complete daily check-ins in a timely manner with no errors.
- Collaborates with management and sales representatives to communicate customer concerns.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles and equipment. Completes check in process accurately and on time. Manage paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups, etc
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with other GFS employees.
- Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas. Attending department meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line.
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more or Apply Below