Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Shift: 4x10 floater shift, start approximately 5:00 am
Class 1 Position Highlights:
- Retention BONUS! $1000 after completing 4 months, and $1000 after completing 8 months ($2000 total!)
- Competitive hourly rate for first 3 months ($28.28 per hour)
- Pay for performance incentive program after 3 months
- 4 day work week with overtime opportunities (if applicable)
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drugs, and EFAP Benefits after 30 days!
- FULL flex benefits program and company matching RRSP
- Local routes --> guaranteed to be home every day!
- Family culture and advancement opportunities
Presents a positive image to Gordon Food Service (GFS) customers through courteous, on-time, and accurate deliveries of GFS products. Serves as liaison between GFS management and customers. Communicates all customer issues and concerns. Operates GFS equipment in a professional and safe manner demonstrating attention to detail, safe work habits, working knowledge of Tractor-Trailer, refrigerated van and the ability to deal effectively with customers and the public. Must pass the required sales service representative physical ability test for area hired.
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS products.
- Build and maintain good customer relationships. Demonstrates self-control.
- Accurately collects customer payments. Safeguards company funds and follows GFS banking policies.
- Performs all Sales Service functions by the 90th day of employment.
- Performs proper equipment maintenance, monitors reefer temperature, and reports mechanical issues and damages in a timely manner.
- Completes daily check-ins in a timely manner with no errors.
- Collaborates with management and sales representatives to communicate customer concerns.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles and equipment. Completes check in process accurately and on time. Manages paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups, etc
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with other GFS employees.
- Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas. Attending department meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to adhere to all safety/compliance regulations and procedures.
- Must maintain a professional appearance wearing the GFS uniform.
- This position requires punctuality, problem solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and also function in a team environment.
- Must be goal oriented with a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this job including lifting, pushing, pulling of product.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line.
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more or Apply Below